Monday 28 February 2011

Scooting about La Tour Eiffel!

 A must see for any Tourist is La Tour Eiffel!
And though technically I am now a resident in the Ile-de-Paris, that is exactly what I spent my second weekend gawking at!

Yes, I have seen the Eiffel Tower before and I have climbed up to the top and taken dozens of millions of photos! And then my Mum also joined me and regretted it later due to muscle fatigue! Granted! But I have never taken the metro to Trocadero before and jumped off only to be greeted with the most stunning views of this impressive bit of architeture this area has to offer!

But it wasn't only the fact that the sun was shining, the birds were singing or that La Tour Eiffel was striking against the stormy clouds and contrasting blue sky! :) No, what really made me like this place were the people!

There were the usual tourists posing awkwardly while simultaneously keeping an eye on their precious cameras because of the nearby tacky souvenir merchant sellers and the habitual children screaming and traffic growl that is the base of any city 'buzz'!
But on top of this:

There were skateboarders! With skateboards of every shape, size and colour!
All performing: Jumps, Kickflips, Ollies, Fakies...!


There was a BMX rider performing the most impressive combination of 'Parkour' & Bike Stunts!

People dancing in, if I had to guess, a Spanish Style!


And there were rollerbladers everywhere!
All plugged into their MP3 Players and jumping and twirling safe in their little bubble of music!

The most unbelievable stunt I saw was performed by a Man who had to be atleast 55 years old.
He laid out cups in a line and before you had time to ask "What is that old man doing??"
He had raced up and down - slaleming all the cups without missing one!
It was all over in less than 5 seconds!
It was so fast I didn't even have time to film it!




We did have a nice chat with the Spectular-Speed-Slalem-Man which started with the most important question of all:
Hazel: "Why do you have a rubber weasel hanging from your belt?!"
S-S-S-Man: "Just so you ask that question! And next time ask permission before using my Slalem Course! ...I'm joking!" 

 Yes, it wasn't the children that couldn't resist the urge to try out this slalem course, but the adults who eagerly hijacked the kids scooters! :D

He did tell us that every Saturday they do rollerblading lessons....
Watch this space!
As soon as I can get my hands on some roller blades, sufficient safety gear so I could wrestle a tiger without getting a single bruise and possibly some adequate balance!

I'm there!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment